Saturday, April 21, 2007

I Did It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Fitness Goal number one achieved!!! I walked a 5K this morning. You can see my finish time. I was hoping to get in under an hour. Maybe I should have run that last little bit. Yea, right!!!!!!! Katelyn finished at 55 and change and my good friend Kimberly took a dive and let me go first, finishing right after me. That's true friendship!

What has this taught me? A lot. I am learning to trust my body. I can be out of breath, tired, sore, muscles hurting and not die. (I used to think I would) Being tired from exercise feels good. It's not really like being tired at all. I do have a competative inner jock and I kind of like her. I love my Y and the people there.

What's next? I really want to do the Danskin Women's Triathlon at Disney in May of 2008. It's not even a sprint level Tri (I can't believe I know that!). Quarter mile swim, 9 mile bike, 2 mile run. I've got a year to get ready. The trainers at the Y say it's possible (hard work, but possible). I've really got to brush up on my swimming (which will be fun for the summer anyway). And figure out a way to ride my bike without my behind protesting greatly! Rode a mile on Monday and thought I'd have a bruise for sure!

Am I dreaming big? Yup. But I've come along way, so I have reason for hope!

It's Saturday morning, 10 am, I've finished a 5k, had coffee, looked at the pictures and blogged about it. And that my friends feels great!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while looking for the dates for the 08 Disney Danskin. I hope you're still planning on doing it. It's a blast and everyone there is so fun!