Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Finishing my wip confessions...

This little beauty is a summer wrap made from Louet Kidlin. I am digging this stuff!!! I have made a few things out of mohair and I will confess that they all turned in to a cuss fest. It's like trying to knit with cobwebs. Ick. But the kidlin has linen (think euroflax) mixed in with the mohair. Perfect! Standing O for the person who thought of that. Probably someone who was tired of cussing at mohair!

Other wips (but not available for photo shoot at this time) are a log cabin preemie blanket (itty bitty at 19 inches square), and 2 pair of basic anklets. One pair is made out of Crystal palace cotton sock yarn. This is a great thing for Florida! The yarn is rather splitty to work with (though not hideously-definately doable) but makes a great fabric. I would buy more. I must start socks for my sockpal, but must admit I haven't decided what yet. Yarn nor pattern. Hmmmm..... are you my sock pal? She left me with broad choices. I must confess I've never made socks for someone who couldn't try them on while in progress. This will be interesting!

Does it seem odd that I live in Florida and have made 2 wraps in a few short months? As the temps rise here the air conditioning gets colder and colder. You can't hardly go to a movie or restaurant without freezing. Truly this is the time of year when I'm tempted to wear a sweater! This is a major pet peeve of mine!

Time to get back to the wips!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sockpal said...

Hi Shelly,

I already sent you a mail I don't know whether you got it.
Anyway I will be knitting socks for you. I already picked a pattern and maybe a yarn. I hope you will like it.

Best wishes
your Sockpal

Cece said...

Why hello there.... I'm on the Runagogo blog.. and I notice that you are .35 miles ahead of me. Tomorrow - I'm going out for a 3 mile walk.... watch out as I pass by!

: )

This is a friendly fun little poke - hopefully to make you smile and maybe get you a little more motivated!