Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just because I've dropped off the face of the blogosphere...

doesn't mean I haven't been knitting! Au contraire!! The following projects are submitted for your approval (these are my wips or fo's from the beginning of the year):

First off: Dishcloths! I think I am a little obsessed... What do you think? The top layer are my favorites. The DW dishcloth, the Nubbins dishcloth and the Argosy dishcloth. I think I could live the rest of my life and only do these 3 patterns. The one on the top left is from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL and was a challenge. P2togtbl. Yea. Who invented that stitch? And why? To torture poor innocent knitters? Someone on the list nicknamed it the Demon Stitch. Appropriate. I survived. If you're really observant, you'll notice my ends aren't woven in. I'm crazy lazy about this. I hate it and for no good reason. It's not like it takes that long.
Next up is another of the Argosy series. Go to http://inahappycamper.eponym.com/blog to see the whole series. It's got just enough zip to keep you from going brain dead, but not so much that you can't hear the kids either (or have to shush them). So this is the Argosy Wrap made from SWTC soy stuff that is kind of like Noro Kureyon. I can't remember the name of it! It is much softer than its Noro equivalent. Love it. I'm not usually one to crank out a long project, but stayed true to this one no problem.
Just before I started this, my parents booked a Disney Cruise for all the kids and grandkids in Jan 08. I made this for breezy evenings on the deck. I thought it looked bright and tropical. Can't wait for that cruise! You know I'll be knitting...
Next up is the original Argosy. It appeared in Knitty, I don't know which issue. I had a bunch of the Elisabeth Lavold Hempathy and just was uninspired by the feather and fan shawl it was supposed to be. So I started this and loved it as much as the wrap. I have enough of the hemp to make 3 more Argosys and I bet I will.

Beware if you start the Argosy series!!! It is highly addicting. I don't think I will stop until I've made it all.

Blogger won't do more than 4 pics for me today so I will post again with the rest of my wips.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vyvyan said...

Wow! You definitely get points for doing some many of the Argosy versions and posting about them all at once! Wow (again)!

I'd love to put some of your photos in my Reader's Gallery when you have them completed. If you'd like, you can email them to me (vyvneel@sbcglobal.net). I just love the colors in your Wrap! Keep up the good work!