Saturday, June 09, 2007

Shop Space

Months ago, Pete and I decided that our 2 new businesses (his home theater and my embroidery) had officially over run our home. There were piles and stacks everywhere. The hardest hit was the porch. After months of searching and praying then praying some more, we rented shop space. A front space for me with windows and a glass door and a back office for him. In exchange for painting ourselves the landlord gave us a month free. Sweet. I picked a Stampin' Up! color called Cool Carribean. I really like it. Pete hasn't painted his area yet. This is my embroidery machine (above).
With much thanks to my friend Linda I learned the glories of slatwall. Look how nice and neat all my hoops, threads and tools are. I can grab anything I need in a flash. Do you know how much faster the jobs get done when I don't have to dig through several boxes before I find what I need? The door on the right is the door to Pete's space. It also serves as storage for all my punches. That's right, I moved all my stampin' stuff to the shop too. You'll have to go to my stamping blog to see that. Pete was concerned that I'd miss my crafty stuff. Truth be told, I love it at the shop. First off, it gives me something to do while the machine runs (you can only watch the thing sew so much!). Second of all, stamping and scrapbooking is a get-a-way for me. I love getting way from the house to stamp and scrap! Linda and I made the table skirts and curtains for the front window. I hate sewing but I'm really glad I did. I don't know how I would have done it without Linda! She shopped with me and ironed and pinned and cut and tried to make sense of the measurments with me. That's a true friend!

No comments: