Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Wonderful birthday!

We won't be mentioning how old I am. If you really want to know, Lilli sings like a canary. I had gotten away with telling her a much younger age for a long time, but Pete spilled the beans! Mom took us all to Osaka, a local Japanese steakhouse. I had steak, lobster, and shrimp, hold the noodles and rice. Man was it fabulous. Mom, G.G. and the whole Morris clan came. The day before I got some birthday and weight loss money. Pete took me to the Coach outlet where I bought myself a Coach purse and makeup bag. From Mom I got a new denim Vera purse and wallet. Joy picked me out some wonderful jewelry (which I have gotten many compliments on every time I wear it!). GG gave me cash which went towards some knitting supplies.
That was all Memorial Day weekend. On my real birthday, I had to spend some time at the shop doing some embroidery. While I was gone, the kids did a CRAZY great clean up job on the house (in fact I wish it was still that clean) and surprised me by jumping out when I came in. There was also a banner on the door that said "Celebratin' going on inside!". Cute, huh? Katelyn made the tissue paper flowers and they are very pretty. Pete gave me an Ipod Nano for the Y, which I love and immediately downloaded my Mother's day cd "Donny Osmond Sings the Love Songs of the 70's". Yup. Still love Donny. So I'm old and pathetic. There's a certain satisfaction to being so old that you don't care that you are pathetic and uncool. It's rather freeing!

So it was a great birthday, despite the fact that I am no longer 29...

No comments: