Thursday, September 01, 2005

Fun and Tears...

All in the same morning!

We had a great time at Cracker Barrel. The whole family LOVES to go out for breakfast. We decided to take advantage of Pete being off of work (from his surgery) and went out for a leisurely breakfast. Even Kendall had a great time. The girl can put down some oranges! The waitress even brought her extras.

Afterward, we decided to stop off and get the girls a haircut. Katelyn was ready for a small change and Lilli wanted "spikes" like her friend Jamie. I have a very liberal hair policy with the kids. Hair grows so I really don't sweat it. Whatever they want to do to their hair is fine. I was explaining Lilli's need of spikes to her stylist and trusted Katelyn to explain her wishes herself. That was my bad! Poor Katie! She told the stylist she wanted layers and shoulder length (that's a good 3 inches off-her hair was all one length). What she meant was LONG layers, no bangs and generous shoulder length. What she got was a drastic change. She was very upset, which in turn upset her dad! He felt so bad for her, I thought he'd cry too.

Personally I think her new do looks great! It makes her eyes sparkle. But that doesn't help when you don't get the hair you want! I so understand this feeling! The really sad part is that this is just a part of womanhood. I'm sure she'll cry over her hair many more times! We all have. But that doesn't make it any easier. For now all I can do is put my arm around her, tell her I'm sorry and that it will grow out. Bummer.

Here are the before and afters:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just love the pictures, tell the girls that their hair cuts are great. Hope Pete is doing great and you too. Looks like Monday at Shelly's house is a fun place to be for the children