Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bigfoot Sighting


Thursday afternoons are free at the Orlando Museum of Art. For the youngest patrons they offer Creative Stations and this week's project was a collage of the work of William Joyce, most famous for his drawing of Rollie Poly Ollie, George Shrinks and Dinosaur Bob. You'd have to be watching a bit of Disney channel and have a 4-10 year old to really have a clue. There were other fine things to see like an African exhibit of native costumes and bead work and some fabulous sculpture. I couldn't get a picture of my favorite glass sculpture because a docent was standing right by it and fussed when I brought out my camera. Why is photography forbidden??? Oh well, I took this one before I got caught. It was a fun Thursday afternoon diversion. I think those 3 children standing there were truly the greatest works of art in the whole place. (naw, I'm not a proud mama)

No comments: