Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is my face on drugs....

What kind of doofus posts a picture this horrible/unflattering? Someone who's doped up on Novocaine from the dentist of course! Did I mention how much I despise going to the dentist? I have the world's sweetest dentist. A result of his sweetness and desire to never hurt a fly, he numbed the heck out of me for what turned out to be a fairly minor procedure. So here I sit, biting my cheek, drooling and looking like the victim of a stroke. Sheesh! Lilli keeps looking at me funny. I hope its gone before I have to get the big kids. You know teens... how dare I show up looking like that!

Interesting note... a local pastor Joel Hunter (from Northland, A Church Distributed and also where my whole brood attended preschool) was tapped for the closing prayer at the Democratic National Convention. That's interesting enough in itself, local boy makes the big time and all. What I find more interesting is that he is very pro-life and his congregation (large) is what I would condsider very conservative. He has stated he is not making an endorsement. He's taking a lot of heat from the local press. I say why not? (not for the media heat, but for the prayer opportunity) Another interesting note about Joel Hunter. The man is an absolute genious when it comes to remembering names. Long ago I taught Bible at the church for the preschoolers. I used a classroom next door to his office. I introduced myself once, and he always called me by name after that. I think that is such a gift! One I don't have myself.

Enough politics for today.

No comments: