Thursday, August 21, 2008

Long time no blog...




Lame, I know. Do I have an excuse? Not really. Life moves at an extremely fast pace. So, I'm starting over and I'm going to do my best to document life in my little part of this big world.


Summer is over! The kids and I have discussed how we feel that we kind of missed summer this year. We lost Pete's mom in April. We hadn't even begun to recover from that when we learned that Katelyn had a stroke (probably in utero) and has no peripheral vision and will never drive a car. All of April and most of May was spent either in the hospital or at doctor's appointments. I think we spent most of June in a vegetative state of shock and recovery. Which brought us to July and the big kids went off to church camp. It was Parker's first year and I'll confess I was more than a little nervous for/about him. He seemed to enjoy it and despite a flat tire on the way home, everyone made it home safe and sound and a good time was had by all.


So here it is August. We are 2 weeks into school. It feels really great to be back into the routine of it all. I completely fell off the diet and exercise bandwagon during all the hoorah and it's time to get cracking again. I've gained about 20 pounds back. I really hate having to re-loose it, but I've got to tell you, it's darn near impossible to eat in a healthy manner from hospital vending machines or cafeterias. Seriously, I've never seen greasier or more sugar and fat laden food as I saw in the hospital cafeteria. Who needs to be slapped?


We had a really great family picture session at the beach recently. The photos are on a cd somewhere on this pile of stuff on my desk. I will find it and post some soon. I really love the pictures. We plan to pick one to enlarge and hang in Pete's demo room at the shop. Guess I need to get on that!


I have a knitting blog and a stamping blog, but for now I think I will just post everything here. Maybe I'll have better luck keeping up with just 1 blog instead of 3.


As I post this we are being hammered by Tropical Storm Fay. Man, she's a tough one for a tropical storm. By the time it is over they are forcasting that we will have had 15 inches of rain in our town. At the rate it's going, I'm thinking that's a conservative guess. Makes great sleeping and coffee drinking weather for sure.


I found the picture cd. For some reason that only blogger knows, they are posted at the top.


No comments: