Sunday, June 11, 2006

Big PBR Night in Orlando!

There it is... Me and one of my favorite bull riders Mike Lee. He didn't manage to git-r-done last night, but I forgive him! Everyone's allowed an off night.

















This is Brendan Clark. Aussie rider from Beyond the Bull fame. Nice accent. Bull riding.... well, we'll cut him some slack...




















This is the big opening! "This is no rodeo..... "THIS IS THE P... B.... R....!" Insert grand pyrotechnics and screaming fan noise.















This is Tater Porter, local boy done well in professional bull riding (despite Silver Spurs and others, Florida is not really known for producing a lot of bull riders). He was the host of last night's show.



















I didn't manage to get a good picture of my very favorite PBR rider ever... JW Hart. Unfortunately, he didn't ride his bull either. That's okay. I'm a loyaly JW fan and he's still my favorite.

Running a close 2nd, is Austin Meier (as far as my favorite riders go). He's doing so well for being so young! Unfortunately, last night was not his best either. His first bull was a total loser. He stayed on and got a re-ride. They didn't say the bull score or the total score, but if I was a judge, I would have given that bull (named Vickie Did It) about a 10. Seriously, it was sorry. Poor Austin was not a happy cowboy. Alas, the re-ride was not kind to my rider Austin and he ended the night with a no score.

The short go riders were as follows: Clay McIntyre, Jay Palhke, Greg Potter (great ride for 90 points), Tyler Thomson (a promising young Canadian), Jake McIntyre, Steven Shelly, Jason Bennett, Luke Dotson, Jared Farley and the big news of the night... Adriano Moraes. In the long go he rode and got 71 with the option of a re-ride. Took it. Guess what? Next ride, re-ride city. Can you believe Adriano had to ride 3 in the long round. Final score on the last bull 87. Gets him into the short go. Short go he shows us why he's the 2 time champ with a beautiful ride for 92.5 points on the bull Niagra. And takes home the prize!

Is that enough commentary for you? Bet that's more than you ever wanted to know. This fun filled and exciting night was a birthday gift from my favorite cowboy ever... My wonderful, sweet hubby Pete. Thanks for the funnest birthday ever. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there at the Amway Arena in Orlando for the PBR Git-R-Done. I love to watch bullriding on T.V. and I told my family if I was ever in a place where I could see it live, I'd be there! It just happened to be my vacation time in Florida. I got tickets right away. Awesome!! My only problem now is I love to scrapbook also and I can't seem to find any bullriding stickers, etc. (everything is rodeo)--NOT THE SAME! Any suggestions? Gina Compton (Kingsport, TN.)