Friday, June 02, 2006

It all started so innocently...

I've watched my friend Pam knit for almost a year. I stamp and scrap and she knits, stamps and scraps. This had never been problem for our friendship. But then I started noticing all the cool stuff she was knitting. Purses! That alone was enough to suck me right in. This was not my Grandma's knitting. So one day out of the blue, I decided I'd had enough of being left out of the club. Pam took me to one of my now favorite places on the planet. Sip 'n Knit. A local yarn shop. I went to a general help session and learned the knit stitch and casting on from quite possibly the best knitting teacher ever. Barbara. She's so patient and believes that everything is doable. Me a new knitter, try socks? Sure, she says. And you know what? I believe it. As far as knitting is concerned, I believe everything she says.

So I begin by garter stitching some squares and call them dishclothes. Sorry no pictures. I made about 20 of them and gave every single one away for Easter.

So I quickly got bored with those and moved on to these:



The top is Katelyn's Easter purse (green), the pink one is Lilli's and the itty bitty pink striped one is Kendall's. It just fits a paci.

And so it starts. The knit stitch, the purl stitch, casting on, binding off. It's a journey and I'm off. Posted by Picasa

No comments: