Friday, June 02, 2006

Prayer Shawl

I am very blessed to belong to a group of women who meets once a week to study the Bible and pray. They are a great group of women and I treasure each of them.

I had been reading about prayer shawls. One of the gals in the group was going through a little bumpy patch and I really felt she need a boost. I made this very easy shawl. It is scrumptious rayon boucle yarn, garter stitches with sz 15 needles. you start with 40 stitches and increase at the beginning and end of every row. Knit until you run out of yarn or can't stand it anymore. While you knit you begin to pray for the recipient. The idea is that the shawl becomes a symbol of love and prayer, more than a fashion statement.

Our group had a girls night out, where I passed the shawl around to each woman who spoke a blessing/prayer for the recipient. I have done another one with mohair for my friend Pam and am sure there are more of these in my future.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: