Monday, November 03, 2008

Some thoughts on Election Eve

For me the election is over, meaning that a week ago I cast my ballot.

But on this evening before election day, I am feeling very uneasy. It's always the unknown that is the most unsettling.

If you have read even a small bit of my blog, you could probably correctly figure out how I voted. But that's not what I want to talk about.

These are interesting times we are living in. Right now. The future seems so uncertain. Optimism is low. The economy seems so bleak. There's a dark cloud hanging over this country. It's really easy to buy into the media's spin. They have an agenda. There is no unbiased media in this whole country. On either side. I think they work the people into a frenzy that wouldn't have happened in the days when there were no 24/7 news outlets.

I do believe we are in a time that our grandchildren will ask us about. The first black presidential candidate and a woman VP candidate. Historical. I feel like this nation is on the very edge of something. Depending on your politics we're on the edge of a great change or a very bad change.

We've had dark days and worry in this country before. What makes us great is that we eventually come around and get it at least mostly right. That's what I'm holding out for - the mostly right (not right wing/conservative right).

With all our problems and division, slanted media and dirty laundry this is still my country and a great one at that.

No matter the outcome tomorrow, God Bless America!

No comments: