Monday, November 10, 2008

Sometimes I'm tossed about...




I'll fess up right now. Sometimes I waver in my faith. I get so caught up in unimportant details (well, they seem so important at the time). It's kind of like heading out into the ocean and picking up your feet. You become subject to the whims of the waves. Tossed to and fro. It's kind of scary being subject to such a powerful force.

But here's the thing. At any point (assuming you haven't wandered too far out)you can just put your feet down. Sure, you get pushed around a bit, but you are back in business heading the direction you want to go.

And so it goes with me spiritually. I wander a bit (but really never too far out). I analyze each and every wave and the potential it has to hurt me. So much so that I often miss the bigger picture, like a gorgeous sunset, perfect weather, beautiful shells and sea life. I need to put my spiritual feet down and stand in what I know. That even in the midst of uncertainly, He has always been faithful indeed. And when I stop looking at every little thing and look at the big picture from His perspective, it's all good. I am loved and safe and well.

This gorgeous picture was taken by my favorite 15 year old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a picture, the beach is the only true thing other then my friends that I truly miss. Hope you and your family are well. Love reading your blog and catching up on your life.

Anonymous said...

this is me my friend,from ga, your long distance friend from ga who use to live there.. ok can you guess who