Friday, August 26, 2005

Artistic Streak??

Yeah.... probably not, but I'm sure having fun with my new camera!

My mom always has fresh flowers at her house when we come for an "event". I am discovering more and more that I really like and appreciate this. Often she does nothing more than buy a $5 bundle (I think) from Publix and puts them in vases (she has a lot-collects them) all around. So it's not necessarily an expensive endeavor, but she works magic with them! She has a lot of little tiny vases. In fact, I noticed this weekend one of them in particular looked like a tiny cordial glass. I adore these the most!! So cute, and a few flowers go far. This particular gathering, each of us had a tiny vase of flowers at our place at the table. A small slice of Heaven to be sure!

Note to self: Learn to copy this practice..... collect some vases!

Okay, so while at Mom's house, I practiced taking some non people pictures. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Don't be fooled, these apples are wooden! I like them though. Each one of my children as a wee ankle biter has licked these aplenty!

All these flowers were in the same vase on the mantle. Wish I had taken a picture of the flowers in the mini vases that were on the table! Darn! Maybe next time.

One last picture for today. This is the reason we all got together. My sister who is a Sister was in town. We all had a lovely visit. Here's Aunt Sister and the kids:



Gotta love the look on Jordan's face in this one! It is my favorite!

No comments: