Monday, August 01, 2005

It's been awhile...

I'm back. A lot has happened. Some important, some not. I had a great experience at CKU-Orlando as a Teacher's Assistant. I worked like crazy, but got to listen to some great classes and meet some fun people. All in all, scrappers are great fun to be around.

One of my favorite classes was taught by Ali Edwards. It was The ABC's of Color. I have been of fan of Ali's work and this class was nothing short of inspirational. If you ever have the chance, take it! You will not be disappointed. CKU's in general are fab, but sell out fast, so bust a move to get in on one if you can.

Kid stuff... You know, everyone says it goes by fast. Everyone is right! The problem is it goes by fast and we miss so much. I want to stop missing stuff. I want to take in the moments that make up a day. As Katelyn starts 7th grade (yikes) she's home less and less. In fact the older all three get, it seems the less I see of them! There are sleepovers, church activites, extracurricular stuff, and lessons. I don't know if I'll ever get used to those nights when one or more of them are not home snug in their beds. I miss them! And doggoneit! I homeschool! I get them alot more than most moms. So as the summer slowly ends for us and a new school year begins (that really is MY new year), I'm making a few New Year's resolutions.

1. Breathe (deeply, slowly).
2. Experience the moment. Not just the important ones, but the normal stuff too.
3. Quit sweating the small stuff. Fussing over dust and messy rooms and dirty laundry.... not important! My family and friends and the moments and relationships we share are important.
4. Take lots and lots of pictures. Documenting the moments of our lives that become so precious.
5. Express myself freely and creatively. Not by the "rules", but in a way that is comfortable, right and inspiring to me.

Okay, I was wordy enough today to make up for the big silence.

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, I can't breath right now, I have a million and one things to do. Enjoyed the reading today.