Monday, August 15, 2005

Ch Ch Ch Changes....

We, the Deans family, are in a time of big transitions. Lilli is starting Kindergarten. Parker 5th grade and Katelyn 7th. How it all happened and so fast, I really don't have a clue. In our church that means that everyone moves. Lilli is out of the nursery and in the elementary group or Kickstart. Parker moves to the "get ready for youth" group called Firewire. Katelyn.... well she's officially been turned over to the teens of our church in the youth group. Can you hear my knees knocking? How's mom doing through all this? I'm hanging on. By a thread. It's like being on some crazy wild ride that just won't slow down no matter how much I scream, yell, beg or plead. Since it won't change, I need to. Don't want to, but what choice do I have?

I love something that our pastor says. Be fluid. Fluid goes where flexible can't. Hmmm... fluid. I'm making like a very thick milkshake right now. Not quite fluid enough, but I'm working on it. My fluid goal? Red Bull? Too peppy, no real value except a good time. Soda or a slurpee. Even worse! Maybe I'll go for a really good tasting, pleasant, protein shake. Still a little too thick (boy am I) but good for you.

Then there's the school week. I've got to teach 3! Never done that before! But there are a lot of things that I had never done before that are just normal for me now. And so, I suppose, that all these changes will soon be the norm too. I can do it, can't I?

So I'm fluid. I'm strong. I'm multi-tasking. I'm teacher. Ugh. I need a nap!

Here are some pictures from Promotion Sunday:


This is Lilli posing for a picture after she found out she did not get to have a Coke during the worship service.



This is Lilli getting a bag of goodies to help her "take notes" and adjust to being in "big church" from Pastor Jeff. Her mood improved greatly (from the great Coke disappointment) after this.

"bff"s for the over 21 crowd, that's best friends forever.

The next one is Parker and Mr. Michael on Parker's first day of Firewire.

No comments: