Thursday, August 25, 2005

Watch your Carpal Tunnel...

Or You could end up like this!!! Yup, that's my sweetie! Isn't he a looker? He has a great fashion sense. This was taken just before Nurse Rachet (not Pete's nice nurse, Kris) yelled at me for taking pictures. Oh well, I got 2 before she made me stop.

How was the surgery? According to Pete, not that big of a deal. I wound myself way up tight, had a panic attack and had to take a Xanax. The funny part is that after they wheeled him off to surgery, I stepped outside to call my good friend Kimberly for backup. She's a great friend, especially for a panic attacker like me. She was just around the corner, at a hospital with her father in law (who is a whole other blog entirely) and offered to come pat my hand. While we are having this conversation, I'm watching in the window and can see the recovery room. They were wheeling Pete back in! The surgical nurse wasn't kidding when he told me not to go far! So it turned out that it really wasn't worth the waste of a perfectly good Xanax!

The drugs worked well for Pete. He really only remembered them scrubbing/prepping him (a story he told me several times in recovery). He kept insisting he wasn't doped up, just tired! Yeah right! He spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping it off. He's home for about 10 days as the doctor has told him he's not allowed to sweat. August in Florida! Yeah, that's a good one!

So our crazy life goes on with dad hanging out. He's managing the post op pain well with just doses of ibuprofen. I hope this does the trick for him. It would be a miracle for him!

No comments: