Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Can't Sleep...

I hate it when I can't sleep. I'm going to be tired tomorrow. Duh. There's a bunch of junk rattling around in my head. And the dog's insides are making some strange noises.

Things that rattle around in your head at night are strange things. There's the big stuff. I have learned to deal with that a little better. Seriously. You think about them for a little bit, realize you can't do a darn thing about them. Totally out of my control. So I pray about it and forget it until another point in time. (hopefully not at bedtime) When it rattles around in my head again, I repeat the routine. Think about it some, pray about it, forget about it. Kind of like lather, rinse, repeat.

Now the small things... for me they're the killers. Things like Katelyn wants to make spinach artichoke dip for Thanksgiving and I need to find her a recipe. How far behind am I with grading school work? What am I going to do at my next workshop? What pictures am I going to scrap next? Blah, blah, blah.... All stuff within my control. But unfinished business. When I finish this business there will be more! And so it rattles around like screws in a jar. Yup, i've got a screw or 2 (or more) loose. Sigh...

I will do my best in the morning to cross some items off my to-do list. Maybe that will help. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to Stamp Day at Linda's. It seems like 10 years since I've hung out with Linda! I'm looking forward to getting out the Christmas decorations. All great stuff. Just wish it would all quit rattling. I'm hoping I've blogged it out!

Goodnight, Sleep tight (hopefully).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you couldn't get to sleep. Hope you get lotsa sleep tonight.
=D Love Katelyn